I was going to gush on Friday but I surprised myself by how busy I was. So here it is: GUSH-FEST!
Now I’m not a fan of surfing. No. It’s not that I’m NOT a fan, but I’ve never done it. BUT I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!
It’s been described as an ‘inspiration’ movie. And after reading the comments on YouTube people were like, ‘This movie is stupid it’s telling you to go surf a wave that’s going to get you killed.’ (I’m not quoting directly, there, I’m just giving the gist of the comments.) But I that’s not the moral of the story. The moral is that you can do anything you put your mind to and to live life to the fullest. And I know that they are clichés but if clichés get you to make a difference in your life, than what’s wrong with that?
Here’s just some things to know:
- Jay Moriarty was born in 1978
- At the age of 16, he became internationally famous after he surfed Mavericks.
- Mavericks is a location in Northern California where the surf’s start at about 25 ft and top out at approximately 80 ft.
- The waves reach such height because of unusual underwater rock formation
- Moriarty died in 2001, free diving off the coast of the island Lohifushi in the Maldives
- Gerard Butler was injured performing a stunt during filming and had to be hospitalised
The release dates for the movie are:
- Netherlands-25 October 2012
- USA- 26 October 2012
- Ireland & UK – 2 Noverber 2012
- Russia – 8 November 2012
- Belguim – December 2012
- Germany – 3 January 2013
These release dates can be found on the IMDb page for Chasing Mavericks.
I am super excited to see this movie and I hope other people are too!