Twas the night be fore christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring…
Except me, I was up writing this post and listening to the Chasing Mavericks OST while scanning the blogosphere.
I got this album for my birthday (my friend knows how I feel all the merchandise that comes with Films I like and so got me this) which was two weeks ago and I can’t stop listening to it since. I even have a few tracks playing while I’m at the gym. The album consists mainly of songs from the nineties with only the score (and I think track 9) being from the mid to late naughties.
1. Plowed – Sponge – 1994
2. Brimful of Asha – Cornershop – 1997
3. Blue Light – Mazzy Star – 1993
4. Girlfriend – Matthew Sweet – 1991
5. Pepper – Butthole Surfers – 1996
6. Start Choppin’ – Dinosaur Jr.- 1993
7. Fade Into You – Mazzy Star – 1994
8. Into Your Arms – The Lemonheads – 1993
9. Give Me An Energy – Greg Holden – ????
10. Chasing Mavericks Score Suite – Chad Fischer – 2011
I was really excited about this album even though I had never heard (or thought I hadn’t) any of the songs before except for Mazzy Star. But as I sat in the library with my headphones in, i was brought back to my childhood with memories of summer. When I heard Brimful of Asha, I immediately knew it from my childhood.
This is definitely one of my favourite soundtracks (and that’s before I’ve seen the movie). I know it’s a good fit for the movie as well. The songs on this album have made it onto my gym playlist, my jumping-up-and-down-for-the-sake-of-it playlist, and my chillout playlist .
So give it a chance, and I hope you like it.