I came across a recipe for hot chocolate a while back.
1 Cup of Milk
3 Tablespoons Nutella
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Espresso
Add Milk, Nutella, cocoa, and espresso
Simmer for 5 minutes
I had never used a chocolate/nut spread for hot chocolate before nor had I ever had hot chocolate with cinnamon or espresso before so I decided to do a little experiment over Christmas.
- Instead of 3 TABLESPOONS of Nutella I used 3 TEASPOONS
- I didn’t have any CINNAMON STICKS so I SPRINKED CINNAMON on top of the drink – therefore I did not add Cinnamon before I let it simmer
- The only COCOA POWDER I had was Green and Blacks which is a little strong for me so I used HALF A TEASPOON rather than 1 TEAPSOON
- I had no MARSHMALLOWS, so I couldn’t put any on it
- I had no ESPRESSO – if I had I probably wouldn’t have used it as it would probably have been too strong for my liking – so I sprinkled GROUND COFFEE into the mix as it simmered.
RESULTS: The pinch of coffee gave the Hot Chocolate a kick and the mix of flavours is amazing.